Welcome to A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop!
I'm excited to join in with this talented group of stampers to share alternate ideas for Paper Pumpkin Kits. Today we're sharing the July 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit - On My Mind.
151944 On My Mind Refill Kit* - July 2019
- 9 card bases & envelopes
- 9 die-cut accent sheets and pieces
- 1 foil die-cut label sheet
- 3 laser-cut sheets
- 5 yds. linen thread
- 30 adhesive-backed sequins
- 3 silver paper clips
- 100 mini dimensionals
- 3 dimensional rings
- 150 adhesive dots
- * Must be a current Paper Pumpkin subscriber to order this item.
Coordinating Stampin' Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty Peacock, Sahara Sand, Seaside Spray, and Terracotta Tile
The alternates I have for you today that focus on the Come Sail Away Suite coordination p. 144–145 (view HERE)
If you are a following of mine, you know that I like to use the coordinated printed patterned envelopes that are sometimes included with the kits. I noticed the "flap" resembled a "sailor's uniform". I thought, "how fun would it be to stamp the greeting on the white "V" shape".
How'd She DO That? Sailor Card
- Trim printed patterned envelope to 3-15/16" x 5-3/16"
- Trim "flap" to same width, 3-15/16". Stamp greeting in the white "V" area. Let dry (so it doesn't smudge).
- Adhere stamped flap to previous panel. Then adhere to 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" panel of Night of Navy.
- Adhere ship wheel with circle adhesive from kit. Attach Sail Away Trinket with a silver metallic brad (through center of the ship wheel). I used the Take Your Pick to make a small hole.
- Adhere completed panel to folded 4-1/4" x 11" Thick Whisper White card base.
I was giddy with the results! What do you think?
For this card, I used the rest of the pieces from the originally designed kit card. This was a really quick card to make.
How'd She DO That? Sailboat Card
- Flip over the green circle and stamp birds with Balmy Blue ink (from the Sailing Home stamp set). Adhere to folded 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" Night of Navy card base.
- Trim off a 1/2" x 5-1/2 strip from the Sahara Sand card base (from the kit), adhere to card. Adhere light blue strip (from kit).
- Fold 10" of Night Of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker's Twine into thirds. Adhere behind sailboat die cut, and adhere to card with dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting on label with Night of Navy ink. Adhere with dimensionals.
What I liked about these two cards is...I was able to make 2 cards from the materials for 1 card from the kit. That doubles the number of cards - yay!
When you subscribe to Paper Pumpkin with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. A bonus tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further!
Subscribe by the 10th of the month:
I hope you enjoyed the two ideas I shared today! For more alternate ideas, be sure to check out the rest of the participants listed below.
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online):
Join the DOstamperSTARS with Extra, Extra
From July 1 until August 31,
- New DOstamperSTARS Team members will receive an additional $30 to put toward bonus products in their Starter Kit.
- THEN, you'll receive an EXTRA BONUS, a $10 coupon code the following month.
- Print: Extra Extra Flyer
- Join: Start your Stampin' Up! experience
I would love to welcome you to my fabulous DOstamperSTARS team!
Learn more CLICK HERE
FREE Bird Ballad Suite Tutorial PDF
FREE Bird Ballad Suite Project Tutorial
- July 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Bird Ballad Suite of products (pg 90-92 Annual Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Paper Pumpkin - Coming in August
This fall, you’re going to need autumn-themed crafting projects—for teachers, for Thanksgiving . . . or just because.
- Our August Paper Pumpkin kit gives you a fun, fall-themed crafting experience with our intensely-hued treat bags that mirror the splendor of autumn.
- But there’s more! You can change up the treat bags and turn them into cards with our exclusive, elegant add-on bundle.
- For more information, see below.
Here's the details for the Gift of Fall Add-On Bundle:
When you subscribe with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further! This is an exclusive offer for my Paper Pumpkin subscribers.
Subscribe by the 10th of the month:
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
July VIP Host Code Gift
- (with qualifying order)
Noble Peacock Rhinestones
July 2019 VIP Host Code = MCNXRCJK
(learn more here)