Embedded Embossed: Stunning Sale-a-Bration Favored Flowers Cards
February 23, 2023
I'm super excited to finally share these Embedded Embossed cards with you using the gorgeous Sale-a-Bration Favored Flowers Designer Series Paper (free with $50 order)!
I initially created this cards earlier last month, but life got in the way of sharing them until today. In the meantime, I made 45+ cards for my January VIP Thank You cards. Anyone who shopped with me last month received one of these beautiful cards (they are in the mail).
Take a closer look...
How'd She DO That? Embedded Embossed Favored Flowers cards
- Stamps: Go To Greetings
- Your Choice (11" x 4-1/4" card base) - Petal Pink, Mossy Meadow, Calypso Coral or Fresh Freesia,
- Basic Black (4" x 5-1/4")
- Basic White (3/4" x 3-1/4" - prior to punching end)
- Favored Flowers Designer Series Paper (DSP) (scraps) FREE with $50 order during Sale-a-Bration - ends 2/28
- Ink: Your Choice - Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow or Fresh Freesia
- Other: Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Fragrant Flowers Dies, Cane Weave 3D Embossing Folder, Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin' Seal & Stampin' Dimensionals
As I have lots of cards to make each month, I try to keep them quick & cute, which is my style anyways. Despite the look of these cards, the featured Embedded Embossed Technique is quite easy to create. It's actually an oldie, but goodie technique from the past.
The key to this technique is the embossing folder. When I saw the new Cane Weave 3D Embossing Folder, I immediately thought of the Embedded Emboss technique. Back in the day, we used punched out shapes to "embed". However, the Favored Flower DSP & Fragrant Flowers Dies (also available in a bundle with the Fragrant Flowers stamp set) create the perfect shapes for this technique.
- Use both large and small flower die shapes (from Fragrant Flower Dies) to die cut flowers from Sale-a-Bration Favored Flowers Designer Series Paper.
- Be sure to die cut any partial flowers from the edges too, as they are perfect for this technique.
- Optionally: You could fussy cut them out instead of die cutting - if that's your thing.
- Onto black panel, adhere a large flower die cut into the lower corner (or grouping flowers). Trim off any excess from edges.
- Use Cane Weave 3D Embossing Folder & Stampin' Cut & Emboss Marchione to add texture to entire panel.
- Adhere a smaller die cut to card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Trim off any excess from edges.
- Adhere panel to folded card base
- Stamp and punch end of sentiment strip. Adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finish off with Iridescent Rhinestones
As some of the partial die cuts will be flat on the left edges, play with the placement of the flowers. Mix & match colors too!
These Embedded Emboss Technique cards will bring a smile to your face - I recommend giving it a try!
When your shopping cart is filled with $50 or more of Stampin' Up! product, you can get the Favored Flower Designer Series Paper for FREE! But there are only 5 days left of Sale-a-Bration. So don't hesitate, get yours today!
Thank you for choosing to shop with me!
- CLICK to Shop with Dawn
- FEBRUARY Host Code: PNNVXQG9
- FEBRUARY Host Code Gift: Gold Faceted Adhesive-Backed Sequins (w/$65 order)
- FEBRUARY Ordering Gift: Delicate Desert Suite 10-Project Tutorial PDF
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles (save 10%) | Product Suites | Clearance Rack -
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team - 3 options during Sale-a-Bration (ends 2/28)
- Option 1 - $129 Starter Kit, Choose $175 in product and receive the exclusive Boho Blue Mini Machine
- Option 2- $129 Starter Kit, Choose $175 in product and receive the original white Mini Machine
- Option 3 - $99 Starter Kit, Choose $175 in product
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
- NEW 160459 Fragrant Flowers Dies (Jan-April 2023 Mini Catalog)
- 160460 Fragrant Flowers Cling Bundle & Save 10% with Fragrant Flowers cling stamp set
- 162379 Fragrant Flowers Photopolymer Bundle & Save 10% with Fragrant Flowers photopolymer stamp set
DOtamping Monthly Shopping Tutorial PDF Gift
FREE Delicate Desert Suite 10-Project Tutorial PDF - FEBRUARY
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature products from the Delicate Desert Suite.
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
MARCH Paper Pumpkin
This month, we celebrate Paper Pumpkin’s 10-year mark! This is a great opportunity to host a party and celebrate Paper Pumpkin’s growth while sharing all the benefits of crafting with a Paper Pumpkin kit.
The Ten Years of Growth kit includes:
- All the supplies you need to create 9 cards: 3 each of 3 designs; and coordinating envelopes.
- An all-occasion stamp set to recognize the people in your life who help you grow with greetings and beautiful botanical images.
- Polished Pink Stampin’ Spot
- Paper pieces and embellishments with digitally-painted designs and images.
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Shaded Spruce, Garden Green, Coastal Cabana, Orchid Oasis, Fresh Freesia, Polished Pink, Crumb Cake
- ALSO...FREE additional stamp set, which includes a plant and pot builder to make plant-astic projects!
When you subscribe with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further! This is an exclusive offer for my Paper Pumpkin subscribers.
Subscribe by the 10th of the month:
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
Gold Faceted Adhesive-Backed Sequins
FEBRIARY Host Code: PNNVXQG9
(learn more here)
For orders under $150 - CLICK HERE to use the HOST CODE