Have you seen the Sentimental Rose April Paper Pumpkin Kit?
This Distinktive kit showcases a beautiful flower image and the perfect variety of greetings for upcoming occasions.
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Gray Granite, Calypso Coral, Flirty Flamingo, So Saffron, Mint Macaron, Basic Black
The Sentimental Rose Paper Pumpkin kit is gorgeous and was fun to play around with. I have several ideas to share with you today. Check them out below...
I'm starting off with a couple of quick and cute cards using only the products that come with the kit.
How'd She DO That? Happy Birthday :
- Trim 1" off from front edge of So Saffron card base. (save for "Thinking of You" card below)
- On 4-1/4" x 3" card front layer (from kit), score 1-1/2" in from the "less colored" end.
- On larger end, stamp flowers/leaves over color splotches.
- Turn card base around so it opens from the left. Adhere fold-over piece to the back of the card base & decorate.
How'd She DO That? Thinking of You:
- Adhere 1" x 5" So Saffron piece about 1-1/4" from bottom edge of "dotted" card base (from previous card).
- Trim 5" x 2-3/4" card front layer (from kit) in half at 1-3/8" (you'll have two 1-3/8" x 5" strips). Cut one strip to 4-1/8" in length.
- Stamp flowers/leaves as desired. Cut into three 1-3/8" squares. Adhere squares to card using dimensionals, & decorate
How'd She DO That? 9-Square card:
- Trim envelopes to reveal pattern paper. Cut (3) 1" squares from each pattern - total 9 squares.
- Arrange squares on 3-1/4" Whisper White square, then adhere down. (TIP: Start in lower right corner, then lower left corner, then the space in between them...etc) Adhere completed panel to 3-1/2" Mint Macaron Square.
- Stamp sentiment on label from kit with Mint Macaron ink. Mat with Calypso Coral 1-3/8 Scallop Circle.
- Before adhering everything to So Saffron 11" x 4-1/4" card base with dimensionals, arrange pieces to eyeball where to stamp the leaves. (which are stamped off first). Adhere everything down in place.
- Adhere twine bow (from Nature's Twine) with glue dot. Adhere enamel dot.
Don't discard the blue tissue paper that comes in your Paper Pumpkin box. Make in into flowers using the 4-Petal Punch.
Create TWO flowers: 1 for card, 1 for box.
- Fold tissue paper over several times and flatten, checking to make sure it can fit into the punch the 4-Petal Punch.
- Use punch to cut out several flowers at once. (I punched the folded tissue paper 3- times to get enough flower shapes to create (2) flowers.)
- Stack them up randomly. Use the "Take your Pick" tool with paper piercing tip and Stampin' Pierce Mat to push through all the flower layers to create a hole for a Metallic Brad.
- Once secure, scrunch up the layers of flower. May take several "scrunches".
- Punch an extra flower from corrugated element piece, to use as the leaves. Adhere to bottom of tissue paper flower with glue dots
How'd She DO That? Flower card:
- Stamp flower image with Pool Party ink on "text" card base (from kit)
- Adhere scrunch flower with glue dots to Blushing Bride cardstock cut with Story Label Punch. then to card with dimensionals.
- Add decorative touches with Silver Mini Sequin Trim and Pool Party/Silver Baker's Twine.
How'd She DO That? Flower Box:
- Fold & fill Clear Tiny Treat Box.
- Wrap with Silver 3/8" Metallic Edge Ribbon, tie in a knot. Attach flower to ribbon, using the brad prongs wrapped around the ribbon knot.
- Add decorative touches with Silver Mini Sequin Trim and Pool Party/Silver Baker's Twine and stamped tag.
And last, but not least, a card that my grandson Max (12) made for his mom. He really wanted to use the flower/leave images and fussy cut them out. For the flower, he inked the stamp with Flirty Flamingo and then used a Coral Calypso Stampin' Write Marker to color in the center area of the flower before stamping (I guess my stamping is rubbing off on him!). The design is completely his own and I'm so proud of him.
Paper Pumpkin - Coming in May
Paper Pumpkin likes to surprise you with innovative kit products from time to time, and this May, you’re in for a treat. Paper Pumpkin has teamed up with Shelli Gardner, Stampin’ Up!’s board chair and cofounder, to deliver you a very special Paper Pumpkin kit. It’s exclusive, collectible, and one of a kind. Die-hard Paper Pumpkin and Stampin’ Up! fans will NOT want to miss this special edition.
The look and feel of this kit is all Shelli. It’s elegant, feminine, and so full of springtime details that you’ll probably just want to take a walk, breathe in the fresh air, and then go home and stamp every card in the kit. And the box it comes in? We predict that you’ll be keeping it . . . like . . . forever. Wait and see.
- The May kit will make 12 cards (3 cards of 4 unique designs)
- Includes an adorable gift box—in addition to your 12 cards
- Coordinating colors: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla
- Subscribe by May 10
When you subscribe with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further!
Subscribe by the 10th of the month:
DOstamping Supplies (click on products below to shop online)
Get Your Last Chance Products!
Shop the RETIRE LIST
- All retiring items are only available while supplies last and will be discontinued after June 3.
- Due to high demand for retiring stamp sets, these items will have guaranteed availability until May 24;
Be sure to shop the RETIRE LIST early
so you don't miss out on your favorites
FREE Happiness Blooms Tutorial PDF
FREE Happiness Blooms 10-Project Tutorial
- May 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Happiness Blooms Suite of products (pg 24-25 Occasions Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIP Host Code Gift
- (with qualifying order)
Enamel Glitter Dots
May 2019 VIP Host Code = JB76DPSK
(learn more here)