Stamping with the STARS #404: Rubberbands, Milkshakes & Kissing!
February 25, 2023
With a headline like that, did I get your attention?
The DOstamperSTARS are excited to bring you another Stamping with the STARS Inspiration Hop #DOswts405. This week we're happy to share Rubberband Stamping Technique Inspiration with you.
Last fall, one of my team members, Beverly Jackson demonstrated the Rubberband Stamping Technique at our monthly DOstamperSTARS Zoom get-together. It's been on my mind ever since then and I thought it would make a great theme for a Stamping with the STARS hop. So here we are!
The inspiration for my card...We have a local restaurant, the 50's Grill, and it's exactly what you might think. Servers in pink & black, hamburgers, fries, homemade food (the best pot pies) and ice cream. It's one of favorites - especially for birthdays!
My grandkids like to get a Mint Chocolate Shake. It's fun to see it brought to the table with all of the chocolate swirls showing through the glass. So that's what I thought of for the Rubberband Stamping Technique.
How'd She DO That? Share a Mint Chocolate Milkshake Tent card
- Bundle: Share a Milkshake
- Mint Macaron (4-1/4" x 8-1/2" card base scored at 4-1/4")
- Basic White (2-1/2" x 3-5/8", 5/8" x 2-1/8 for sentiment, scraps for whip cream, straw, cherry, tall glass die cuts)
- Early Espresso (2-7/8" x 4", scrap for chocolate die cut)
- Country Gingham 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper (4" square)
- Ink: Mint Macaron, Early Espresso, Melon Mambo
- Other: Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Opaque Adhesive-Backed Gems, Stampin' Seal, Glue Dots & Stampin' Dimensionals
So...what does Rubberbands, Milkshakes & Kissing have to do with each other? Good question. See my tips below.
- Ink tall glass image with Mint Macaron ink, then stamp off on scratch paper. DON'T STAMP ONTO PROJECT YET.
- Wrap a couple of rubberbands around Block C - let some of them twist.
- Ink up rubberbands with Early Espresso ink, then stamp off on scratch paper.
- This is where the kissing comes in...press the inked rubberbands onto the tall glass inked image. Repeat until you get the look you're going for - I "kissed" 3 times in various places.
- Breathe onto image (to remoisten), then stamp onto scrap of white.
- Viola...a mint chocolate milkshake!
I love the way this Share a Milkshake & Rubberband Stamping Technique card turned out. I think the boys would approve.
As you might have concluded, I really like playing with the Share a Milkshake Bundle. I get giddy every time I make a new project. I know I've been a tease, but I do have one more outside-the-box project to share with you...coming soon!
Add the Share a Milkshake Bundle, and the perfectly coordinated Country Gingham 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper to your shopping cart today, so you can start playing too!
- CLICK to Shop with Dawn
- FEBRUARY Host Code: PNNVXQG9
- FEBRUARY Host Code Gift: Gold Faceted Adhesive-Backed Sequins (w/$65 order)
- FEBRUARY Ordering Gift: Delicate Desert Suite 10-Project Tutorial PDF
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles (save 10%) | Product Suites | Clearance Rack -
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team - 3 options during Sale-a-Bration (Jan/Feb Only)
- Option 1 - $129 Starter Kit, Choose $175 in product and receive the exclusive Boho Blue Mini Machine
- Option 2- $129 Starter Kit, Choose $175 in product and receive the original white Mini Machine
- Option 3 - $99 Starter Kit, Choose $175 in product
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
DOtamping Monthly Shopping Tutorial PDF Gift
FREE Delicate Desert Suite 10-Project Tutorial PDF - FEBRUARY
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature products from the Delicate Desert Suite.
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
Gold Faceted Adhesive-Backed Sequins
FEBRIARY Host Code: PNNVXQG9
(learn more here)
For orders under $150 - CLICK HERE to use the HOST CODE