The DOstamperSTARS are excited to bring you another Stamping with the STARS Inspiration Hop #DOswts359. This week we're sharing Butterfly Inspiration.
Stampin' Up! has several choices of stamp sets with butterflies. But it's always more fun to play with the newest one, the Butterfly Brilliance bundle.
I discovered a few things while making this "stencil" card. See DOstamping Tips below.
How'd She DO That? Stenciled Butterfly Wings card
- Stamps/Bundles: Butterfly Brilliance Bundle (SAVE 10% with Brilliant Wings Dies), Sweet Ice Cream
- Gorgeous Grape (11" x 4-1/4" card base)
- Basic White (4" x 5-1/4", 1" x 4-1/4")
- Highland Heather (1-1/4" x 4-1/4")
- White Backer Board (5-1/2" x 6-1/2")
- Ink: Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape
- Stampin' Blends:
- Other: Brilliant Wings Dies, Purple 3/8" Tricolor Ribbon (RETIRING), Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Blending Brushes, Stampin' Seal, Glue Dots & Stampin' Dimensionals
- Stamp butterflies on white panel with Gorgeous Grape and let dry
- note the above photo doesn't show the stamping, as I wanted to let you see what only the stenciling looked like (as you could just do that without stamping.
- Create & Use Stencil:
- I recommend using a thicker cardstock or thin cardboard, like the white backer board that comes with our Designer Series Paper Packs. Especially if you want to save and reuse the stencil.
- Die cut the "group of butterflies" single die from (5-1/2" x 6-1/2") backer board.
- On a piece of scratch paper (to protect your surface), place a small amount of Stampin' Seal. Rub fingers over it to take away some of the stickiness. Place the stamped white piece over the adhesive (this will keep it in place so it doesn't slide around. I learned this the hard way - ha!).
- On the back side of the stencil, add adhesive to a couple corners (rub away some stickiness). Place stencil over white piece - aligning the butterfly images.
- Use Blending Brush to add Highland Heather ink through stencil in a circular fashion. (Start with a little ink and then add more to get your desired shade).
- Remove stencil and stamped piece from scratch paper.
At first, I wasn't sure I'd like all these butterflies on a single stamp. But it actually saves time, which is great for anyone who wants to spend just a little of their extra time stamping and card making. Try to think of it like a background stamp with lots of versatility.
Add just about any sentiment to the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and you've got a card for any occasion. Add it to your shopping cart today!
Thank you for shopping with me!
- Shop with Dawn
- MARCH Host Code: QCF2ETYV
- MARCH Host Code Gift: Pastel Pearls (w/$65 order)
- MARCH Ordering Gift: Butterfly Bouquet Tutorial PDF (see below)
- NEW Butterfly Bouquet Special
- Hey Birthday Chick & Hey Chick Bundles
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles | Product Suites | Clearance Rack
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Dawn's Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -$99 Starter Kit, Get $125 in product
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
Looking for Die Measurements?
- Butterfly Brilliance Bundle 
For more Die measurements, see my...
Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
Download the Retired Last-Chance Products Lists (and shopping list):
If you love great deals, the Stampin' Up! Last-Chance Products Sale is the perfect time to shop. You’ll get deep discounts on favorite products from the 2020–2021 Annual Catalog.
- Sales Period: March 24 - 3 May 3, 2021
- Select items are discounted up to 75% off.
- Many retiring items will sell out fast and are only available while supplies last.
- Shop early so you don’t miss out on your favorite products.
- 2020-2021 Annual Catalog Last Chance List (by page #)
- Discounted Items Only (over 100 items discounted up to 75% off)
- Print: Shopping/Wish List
The best way to shop the Last Chance List is from my Online Store (as it will update with sold out items immediately). Find retiring items HERE
If you prefer to contact me directly, I'm happy to help that way too.
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Butterfly Bouquet products
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)