Just a note before starting...
If you haven't heard, I've moved, to Plymouth, MN...yay!! I'm so excited. Took us several months to fnd a place and after looking at over 80 homes, we almost gave up. But we did find a place and it's a good fit for us. Family living space up and business space down just 6 steps! I'm still getting settled in. Electrician has been here adding light to the "classroom" and will be back next week for additional hallway and studio lights. Office is usable (need a desk) and studio is coming together. However - a space to create videos is a ways off. So I created a makeshift space to do today's video. Having said that - I think the lighting and sound are off. But that will have to do for today.
This was my "old" set up - I took over a closet. Not sure what my new set up will look like, but hopefully it will get done in the next couple of weeks - crossing my fingers. I'll share a photo when it's ready.
My first class in the new space will be Tue, March 25th - my popular Card Buffet Class. Would love to have you come! Details here. Below is one of the card offerings.
I got a lot of great feedback about the Sale-a-Bration Petal Parade card I posted a couple weeks back. When I made that card - I actually stamped an entire sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock and cut it up in several pieces. This stamping "technique" is often referred to as double-time stamping or one-sheet wonder. Another way to think about is - make your own pattern paper!
Today's card is a QC (quick & cute) card using the leftover paper. However - I also discovered that I can get 8 pieces for this card out of one stamped 8-1/2" x 11 cardstock - woohoo! They measure 4" x 2-3/4".
Make Your Own Pattern Paper Tips
- Choose a color combo of three colors
- Start randomly stamping with largest image
- Then add stamping with next largest image
- Then finish stamping with smallest image - filling in "white space".
- Cut up to use on muliple cards
- Watch video below for stamping and cutting tips for 2 styles of cards!
WATCH VIDEO: Make Your Own Pattern Paper
I love this technique for quick and cute cards. So next time when you're in a hurry to make a "batch" of cards - Stamp Your Own Pattern Paper!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- 133599 Petal Parade – wood – Free SAB choice
- 133602 Petal Parade – clear – Free SAB choice
- 130535 Four You – wood
- 130538 Four You – clear
- Whisper White (4" x 2-3/4" and 5" x 3/4")
- Calypso Coral (4-1/4" x 3")
- Pool Party (5-1/2" x 8-1/2") cardstock
- Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay Ink
- 119246 Basic Rhinestone Jewels
- Snail Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Hurry - Sale-a-Bration FREE Products ends in just 12 days!
- Sale-a-Bration Brochure VIEW or
- PRINT (easy-to-read single page PDF
- Free product with $50 order, two free with $100, three free with $150 and so on...
Join my DOstamperSTARS community today!