Today I'm sharing 5 Ways to use the Blending Brushes. But first, a little bit of information about our Blending Brushes product.
Blending Brushes - two sizes to choose from:
- Both sizes ink beautifully with velvety soft bristles that blend ink perfectly.
- Apply extremely light shades of ink or create soft gradient backgrounds with no lines.
- The small brushes help you apply ink with better precision.
- Both sizes come in a set of 3
- Gray with white bristles, 6" long
Blending Brushes Storage
- Keep brushes organized and within reach in the Blending Brushes Storage.
- This neutral storage container will help you stay organized and look pleasing in any crafting space.
- It can hold up to 9 of our Blending Brushes or Small Blending Brushes.
- One white plastic brush organizer, 4-5/8" x 5-1/8" x 3-1/8"
- Silicone feet keep cube from slipping
Now onto the beautiful Blending Brushes samples, which were created by my DOstamperSTARS team. These ideas come from my monthly STARS Creative Challenges that I offer to my team for them to learn, create and share!
1) Ombre Ink Blending
Connie employed an ombre look for her Ink Blending card. Start by applying the darkest ink on the bottom, blend in a lighter color next and then the lightest color last. This was a perfect choice for the Waves of Inspiration stamp set.
2) Ink Blending for Die Cuts
Karla used an easy ink blending application for this Gorgeous Garden Dies card. Start with a 4-1/4" x 5-1/4" white panel. Then blend various inks randomly over the panel. You could also use the die as a template/guide on where you want to add certain colors (to get green foliage and blue flowers). Then die cut and ooh & aah over the results!
3) Ink Blending with Masking
Cathy created a fall card by masking off areas above and below the area where she wanted to add ink. She tore the masks for a fabulous added detail. Then use blending brushes to add a variety of fall inspired colors. Remove and stamp the leaves from Season of Chic. For more details, visit her blog here: https://tea-n-stamps.blogspot.com/2022/09/share-it-sunday-blog-hop-featuring.html
4) Spotlight Ink Blending
Rachel did a great job spotlighting the lantern on her Lighting the Way (& dies) card. Start by blending ink in the area where you want a spotlight, then add night sky colored inks outwards to the edges of the card. Her spotlighting is spot on!
5) Northern Lights Ink Blending Technique
Robyn pays homage to the beauty of the Northern Lights Ink Blending Technique with this Wildlife Wonder and Grassy Grove card. She used a variety of colors starting in the center with Petal Pink. Then worked outward with Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather, Granny Apple Green and Orchid Oasis. She did a fabulous job! To see more details, visit her blog here: https://robynsroost.blog/2023/07/13/northern-lights-notecard/
There you go, 5 ideas for using Blending Brushes. Add them to your cart today (and don't forget the storage too), so you can start Ink Blending too!
Also - be sure to scroll down (or click here) to read my post regarding a new Item Quick Add feature added to the online store.
Thank you for choosing to shop with me!
- Shop with Dawn
- Kits Collection Sale (see details below)
- Bonus Days- Redeem in August (see details below)
- Shopping Categories: Online Exclusives | Bundles (save 10%) | Clearance Rack | Product Suites
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -$99 Starter Kit, Get $125 in product (learn more here)
- Sep-Dec 2023 Mini Product Shares are ready for reservations on my DOstamping Product Share Page
Stamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
KIT COLLECTION SALE
KITS COLLECTION SALE - up to 30% off
- Dates: August 1-31
- You can save up to 30% on our amazing kits from the Kits Collection by Stampin’ Up!
- What are you waiting for? Start shopping, crafting, and selling!
- This is a limited time offer you won’t want to miss.
- Supplies available while they last - shop early!
- STOCK UP HERE
BONUS DAYS - redeem your coupons!
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes you can redeem on an order during the redemption period.
- If using multiple codes, they must be separated by a space.
- New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted using Bonus Days coupon codes.
- Coupon codes will reduce the retail amount of an order.
- Be careful if you want to earn my Tinsel Gems DOstamping VIP gift this month for orders of $65 or more
- Total merchandise value less coupon codes must total $65 (or my system won't recognize your order for the VIP gift)
- SHOP HERE
DOstamping Product Shares - Taking Reservations Now
As usual, I have NEW fabulous paper, ribbon and accessories that you'll want to get your hands on. A product share is an economical way to get a sampling of them! And... the I Want It ALL is my most popular share!
2023 September-December Mini Catalog "I Want it All" Product Share - $69.99 (+$9.65 priority shipping)
This share includes 274.25 pieces, as follows:
- (80) sheets: Designer Series Paper
- (16.25) yards: Ribbon & Trim
- (178) pieces: Accessories
- AND Early Bird Bonus:
- Package of Loose Holly Gems & Sequins
- to qualify for Early Bird Bonus, your reservation must be paid no later than by September 5th
NOTE: Does not include swatchbooks
Reserve your Holiday Mini Catalog Product Share Today!
See full descriptions, timing and how to reserve a share on my Product Share page
DOtamping Monthly Shopping Tutorial PDF Gift
FREE Inked Botanicals Suite 10-Project Tutorial PDF - AUGUST
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature products from the Inked Botanicals Suite
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Express your love and gratitude in elegant style with the With Love & Gratitude Pumpkin Kit inspired by Shelli! Whether you’re needing a hostess gift, a sweet surprise for dinner guests, or have another reason to give love and thanks, this kit has you covered.
Subscribe and get your kit today!
With Love & Gratitude kit includes:
- 8 note cards & coordinating envelopes (finished size 3-1/2" square)
- 8 treat packages (finished size 3-1/2" x 5" x 2")
- A stamp set and Lost Lagoon Ink Spot
- Specialty gold foil, precut embellishments
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Copper Clay, Crumb Cake, gold foil, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Pebbled Path
Plus, don’t miss the Thoughts of Thanks Journal add-on! It matches both the design and intent of the kit, giving you an even more personal way to document and express your gratitude. It’s available as an add-on, but only while supplies last!
Optional ADD-ON: Thoughts of Thanks Journal - 163270
- Available starting: 11 August, while supplies last
- Price: $15.00
This add-on includes:
- 8" x 10" journal
- 2 specialty gold foil sticker sheets
- Gold-clip page marker
When you subscribe with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further! This is an exclusive offer for my Paper Pumpkin subscribers.
Subscribe by the 10th of the month: