Welcome to another Your Creative Connection tour, #YCC117. Our theme today is: Dies to Die For
As I've been playing with the Poinsettia Place Suite lately, it was a natural choice to select the Poinsettia Dies for my project today.
How'd She DO That? Poinsettia Dies card
- Stamps/Bundles: Poinsettia Petals Bundle (includes the Poinsettia Dies)
- Soft Suede (8 ½” x 5 ½” card base, scrap for 2 sprig die cuts)
- Very Vanilla (5-1/2" x 5-1/2" for poinsettia die cuts, plus scrap for 2 berry sprig die cuts)
- Crumb Cake (3 -3/4" x 5”)
- Poinsettia Place Designer Series Paper (1” x 5 ½”)
- Ink: Early Espresso Real Red
- Other: Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Beaded Pearls, Real Red 3/8” Sheer Ribbon, Stampin' Seal, Glue Dots & Stampin' Dimensionals
It's hard to see in the photo, but the petals have embossed lines on them.
At first glance at the dies, I was concerned about the process for cutting and embossing. Do I have to cut first, then emboss afterwards? The answer is no! They cut and emboss at the same time. See tips below.
DOstamping Tips for Poinsetta Dies:
- Place all 7 dies on a 5-1/2" square of cardstock. Nest the matching "emboss" dies inside the large shape dies.
- I was excited to cut/embossed all four petal sizes at the same time. Phfew - what a time saver!
- Adhere flowers together with Stampin' Seal &/or Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere Beaded Pearls to the center with Mini Glue Dots.
The Poinsettia Place Suite was an instant favorite for me! If you like poinsettias like I do, then you'll be thrilled with the suite too.
Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out more creativity at our next stop on Your Creative Connection tour, Barbara Meyer.
Dawn Olchefske - USA
Barbara Meyer - Austria
Kristine McNickle - New Zealand
Janneke Dijkstra - de Jong - Netherlands
Sarah Berry - UK
Vicki Boucher - Australia
If you're from the US and are looking for a demonstrator, I'd be happy to earn your business. Contact me for a free catalog!
Thank you for shopping with me!
- Shop with Dawn
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles | Product Suites | Clearance Rack
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Dawn's Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -$99 Starter Kit, Get $125 in product
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
Looking for Die Measurements?
- 153522 Poinsettia Dies (2020 Aug-Dec Mini Catalog)
- 155148 Poinsettia Petals Bundle & Save 10% with Poinsettia Petals stamp set
For more Die measurements, see my...
Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
Learn more about my Just Cards TO GO Class: CLICK HERE
Designer Series Paper Sale
DOWNLOAD Designer Series Paper Sale PDF Flyer
- We all love gorgeous Designer Series Paper, and during this incredible sale, you can enjoy a 15% discount on fifteen select papers from our current catalogs!
- Stock up and save on some of our most popular paper designs!
- This is my favorite sale of the year!
OCTOBER FREE Tutorial PDF: Poinsettia Place Suite
FREE Poinsettia Place Project Tutorial PDF - OCTOBER
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Poinsettia Place Suite of products
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)